This is a quick one guys. Just to deal with the stress of exams. Oh my my! baking is such an addiction!
2 cups plain flour
1/3 cup semolina
2 tbsp butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 n 1/2 tbsp strawberry jam (any jam will do)
1/2 cup Buttermilk
4-5 strawberries roughly chopped
3 tbsp white chocolate chips or chopped
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp chopped mint (optional)
1. Soak semolina in buttermilk and baking soda. Keep aside for 10 mins.
2. Beat butter and sugar till a bit fluffy. Add jam and beat again.
3. Throw in the rest of the ingredients and knead a soft dough with the buttermilk mixture. Don’t work it too much. (the dough should be real soft)
4. On a floured surface roll the dough, about 2 cm thick. Cut into desired shapes.
5. Aline on a baking sheet and let it rest of 30 mins ( very important to rest the dough so don’t skip the step)
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 15-20 mins. If you want to cook it more then flip and bake for 5 more mins. ( I prefer thinner and a tad bit crispy 🙂
7. Glaze with butter and sprinkle sugar. Serve with cream, jam and tea. ☺
These were so yum that my mum ate them all.😁
As I always say.. Keep experimenting with flavors. Plain ones are also very good.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?