This is a quick one guys. Just to deal with the stress of exams. Oh my my! baking is such an addiction!
2 cups plain flour
1/3 cup semolina
2 tbsp butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 n 1/2 tbsp strawberry jam (any jam will do)
1/2 cup Buttermilk
4-5 strawberries roughly chopped
3 tbsp white chocolate chips or chopped
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp chopped mint (optional)
1. Soak semolina in buttermilk and baking soda. Keep aside for 10 mins.
2. Beat butter and sugar till a bit fluffy. Add jam and beat again.
3. Throw in the rest of the ingredients and knead a soft dough with the buttermilk mixture. Don’t work it too much. (the dough should be real soft)
4. On a floured surface roll the dough, about 2 cm thick. Cut into desired shapes.
5. Aline on a baking sheet and let it rest of 30 mins ( very important to rest the dough so don’t skip the step)
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 15-20 mins. If you want to cook it more then flip and bake for 5 more mins. ( I prefer thinner and a tad bit crispy 🙂
7. Glaze with butter and sprinkle sugar. Serve with cream, jam and tea. ☺
These were so yum that my mum ate them all.😁
As I always say.. Keep experimenting with flavors. Plain ones are also very good.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 3
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!