HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!!
To celebrate the last day of the year 2014 my mother decided to make naan, kheema, some side dishes and an East Indian delicacy, nolen gurer payesh or it is a kind of rice pudding made with date jaggery. (Anyway, I will tell you about that one later.) So I had nothing to do. That’s why I thought of trying a new recipe and it turned out great. It tastes yum, it’s healthy and very easy to make. Best for children.
Recipe for my version of Chicken Meat Loaf
250g minced chicken
3/4th cup soya granules
2tbsp chopped carrots
2tbsp chopped beans
(add any veggies you want to feed your children, chopped finely)
1 medium onion chopped
6-8 cloves of garlic chopped
1tsp grated ginger
1tsp chopped chilli
1 cup bread crumbs
2tbsp olive oil (any oil will do)
2tbsp lime juice
1tbsp garam masala (or add any other spices and herbs you like)
Salt to taste
For covering (optional)
1 cup plain flour
Buttermilk or water to knead
Salt to taste
1. In a bowl put chicken and soya granules. Add spices, oil, veggies, salt, egg, garlic, onion, ginger, chilli and lime juice. Set aside for 30 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl knead a dough with plain flour, butter, salt and Buttermilk or water. Cover and set aside. (optional)
3. Preheat the oven at 180°C.
4. Roll the dough out and cover the base and the sides of a greased tin. Leave out just enough dough to seal the top. If you don’t have a loaf tin, do not worry .
5. Add bread crumbs to the chicken and mix well. Stuff this mixture real tight and seal with the dough left or an aluminium foil.
If you don’t have a loaf tin, stuff the mixture in the dough tightly sealing it. Give it a rough shape of Loaf. Put it on a greased tray.
6. Poke two holes for the steam to escape and bake for 45mins.
7. Cool it down so that it could firm up and cut into slices.
Go ahead.. Use it as a burger patty, fry it up or just dig in with some ketchup…
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?