This Cajun potatoes recipe is for all the potato lovers i. e. for all of us. I mean, who doesn’t love such yummy versatile vegetable! Who? You?😒 No no no.. don’t blame me if I judge you now 😑 If I had to live on one veggie for rest of my life, you know what would it be. All hail potatoes!! 🥔👑
So there is this famous restaurant chain for barbequed food here in India. They serve a dish called Cajun potatoes which is my absolute favorite and I prefer it over the expensive kebabs and seafood starter (served in the buffet) Now that’s a problem because I have to make the most of the money paid there! 🧐 And here is the solution that I found and want to share with all of you 🙂.
Here is what you will need..
- 15-20 Baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp Corn flour
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- Oil for shallow frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Cajun spice mix
- 2 tsp red paprika powder
- 2 tbsp milk or cream
- 1 green chili, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Mix mayo, Cajun spice mix, red paprika, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Make it thin with cream or milk.
The Baby Potatoes!
- We need to use the baby potatoes with skin so scrub and clean well.
- Boil the potatoes till they are cooked yet firm, about 90%. Let them cool.
- With the help of a flat spatula, flatten the potatoes till the point the skin is split and it’s holding the inside well. (It’s seriously easy, just hard to explain 😁)
- Make a thin slurry out of corn flour and plain flour with seasonings, just enough to slightly coat the potatoes to get that crispness.
- In a pan heat some oil to shallow fry the potatoes dipped in slurry. Fry on medium flame till it’s golden in color, each side should take 5-7 minutes. I fried these in mustard oil hence the yellow color, you can use your regular oil.
- Place on the serving plate and coat with the mayonnaise. Garnish with chopped onion, chilli and sprinkle with the Cajun spice mix or red paprika or both.
This actually came out very similar to the dish I bragged about 😁. Now, you can try different dips or recipes with these yummy flat potatoes, or just season and eat! I want to try it with hummus the next time.
P.s. The new kind of ‘chips’ in “Fish and chips”. 🤤
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?