I’m very fascinated with the concept of ‘food in disguise’, when the food presented is not what it looks like. It is an element of surprise when the taste buds play with our minds. Some might disagree with me for the same reason.😣 So as an attempt to start this style of cooking I made Pommes de Terre Lorette that looks like churros and to give it a more realistic appearance, I served it with barbecue sauce (store bought) and parmesan powder. (I know I am li’l out of line here, but I don’t mind as long as it tastes good 😁)
Pommes de Terre Lorette is a French dish where creamy mashed potatoes are combined with choux pastry and fried. These are fluffy, creamy and has crispy crust. Easy to make. You just need to keep few things in mind. This recipe was taught to me when I was in college. I absolutely loved the cigar shaped pommes lorette, I mean who does not like potatoes and cheese (that too fried ones):P.
500 gms Potatoes
100 gms processed cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons butter (1/4 stick)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2-3 eggs Salt and Pepper to taste
Oil for frying
1. Boil water, milk, salt and pepper. Add flour and stir till the mixture forms a ball. Take it off the heat and put potatoes for boiling.
2. Gradually add eggs to the dough and keep mixing till it forms a glossy mixture. It should be of thick piping consistency i. e. if you lift the spoon, the mixture should form a hook.
3. Peel and grate the boiled potatoes. (to avoid starchy mash, don’t overwork the potatoes)
4. Add grated cheese, potato mash and seasonings to the choux paste and mix well. Transfer to a piping bag when it comes at room temperature.
5. On high flame, heat the oil in a deep pan and pipe the mixture. Fry till golden brown. Serve immediately.
I hope you like the recipe. Vegetarians can skip the eggs and add a cup of cream. 🙂 Posted from WordPress for Android
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?