Have you seen Masterchef US junior? My God! Those kids are from some other world! 😱 The way they cook… and the presentation.. I’m amazed…awed.. 😍
So in one awesome episode (like all of them 😁) these kids got the challenge to make Chef Gordon Ramsay’s Beef Wellington. It looked so appetizing that I decided to make it for dinner.
I must tell you that this meal made me sweat 😅… But it was worth it… Seeing my sister smile and mom happy :).. I was glad.. 😀
For 2 portions
For the stuffing
1 chicken breast, split in 2
Zest of 1/2 lime
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp rosemary
Black pepper and salt to taste
2 tbsp English mustard paste
4 tbsp veg Mayonnaise
7-8 button mushrooms, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
3-4 cloves of garlic, sliced
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
2 cups chicken stock
1 tbsp vinegar
For Mashed Potatoes
2 medium potatoes, boiled
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup fresh cream
1/4 cup milk
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 red chilli (optional)
2 Puff pastry sheets
How to roll it
1. Marinate the chicken with lime Zest, lime juice, rosemary, salt and pepper for 30 mins.
2. Heat oil and butter in a pan and seal the chicken.
3. Brush with mustard paste while it is still hot and keep in freezer for 15 mins.
4. Now caramelize onion, garlic and mushrooms in the same pan. Take out 3/4th of this mixture and keep aside.
5. Add chicken stock in rest of mushroom and onion and reduce.
6. Roll 2 pastry sheets just enough to cover the chicken breast properly, keeping the thickness around 1 cm.
7. Spread loads of veg mayonnaise on both the pieces of chicken (this will keep it moist and I used veg mayo because I think the egg one will curdle 😁). Cover evenly with the caramelized mushroom mixture. Place it on the pastry sheet, roll and seal the sides well with egg wash. Repeat this with the other piece.
8. Make few cuts on top for the steam to escape. Place in on the baking tray and egg wash evenly. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for 20-25 mins.
9. Grate the potatoes and mash so that there are no lumps. Heat butter, cream and milk in a clean pan. Add mashed potatoes. Whisk to avoid lumps. Cook for 2-3 mins. Season.
10. Serve the Chicken Wellington steaming hot with mashed potatoes and onion & mushroom sauce. 🙂
Posted from WordPress for Android
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?