I know I know that I am very bad at giving titles… 😛 so please ignore that and try these pretty and cheesy savoury French toast muffins. I don’t know how I got the idea..but the moment it came into my head, I was dying to try this. My mother always served us savoury French toast.. We didn’t even know that there is a sweet version of this.. 😁 So I was very certain about the outcome. It tasted good, looked different and no hard work required.. ☺
A simple and small recipe…
3/4 cup milk or cream
1/2 cup melted butter
4 cups 1 day old cubed bread (I used brown bread loaf)
2 tbsp plain flour
Few sausages of your choice
1/2 cup grated cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
Mixed herbs, optional
1. Beat the eggs, butter, milk, herbs, cheese and seasoning together. Fold in the four & bread and keep aside.
2. Preheat the oven at 180 °C.
3. Slice the sausages into thin roundels and line the muffin moulds with it.
4. Scoop the mixture and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the muffins are slightly browned.
5. De-mould and see the magic.. 😀 😉
Serve these for breakfast upside down with compound butter, mayonnaise or with whatever you want and whenever you want… 😜 tasty anyway.. 😁
I apologize for not having pictures.. I lost them.. 😣 I am sure that yours will look better… I beg you to share those with me.. 🙂
Posted from WordPress for Android
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?